Estimated reading time: 2 mins
Link building is an imperative part of search engine optimisation (SEO). In fact, links are one of the best tools for building page and domain authority, which will, in turn, equate to a better ranking for your website. Link building services are a popular way of achieving this. However, this is only going to be the case if you go about incorporating links the right way. So, just how many links do you need to start climbing the search engine result pages?
Unfortunately, there is not a magic number when it comes to the amount of links you require per ‘x’ amount of words. What is important is the value of the links. Not all links hold the same value, and this is what professionals like Vivo Marketing consider when incorporating them into your content. After all, the whole point of link building is to add a third-party marker of trustworthiness.
So, how do you determine the value of a link? There are a number of factors that need to be considered:
- Source strength – There is only one place to begin, and this is with the domain authority of your link’s source. You are going to make your site appear much more trustworthy if the links you use have come from a credible and trusted source. There are a number of tools available that will help you to determine a source’s domain authority. In most cases, you will see a more powerful impact from the link in question if it is a higher number with regards to domain authority ranking.
- Target page – If you have links that point to your website, not only will they pass authority to your domain as a whole, but they will pass authority to any individual pages that are mentioned too. Because of this, it is wise to opt for an array of links that point to a number of internal pages, rather than simply linking to one specific page. If you do the latter, it could trigger the red flag for spam, which may result in your search engine ranking getting worse instead of improving.
- Domain diversity – The number of links you require to see a benefit in terms of SEO will also be determined by the diversity of sources that link to you at the moment. Once the first link has been placed, the value of links from that given domain will have diminishing returns. This is why it is better to have a single link coming from a variety of domains, as opposed to numerous links coming from one domain.
These are the three key factors that need to be assessed when determining just how valuable a link is. However, there are other variables to consider on top of link power if you want to guarantee SEO success. This includes the competition you are facing, existing authority and positions, as well as on-site factors. On-site factors refer to the likes of the quality and depth of your content and the structure of your website. Carefully consider all of the above, and you will have the key to link building success.
Check out these similar posts:
- Your Website’s Internal Link Structure – How to Optimize
- The Biggest Misunderstandings In SEO
- 5 New Strategies To Get High-Quality Backlinks in 2019
- How to Build a Site for Web Design and SEO
- 6 Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Website Ranking