SimonStapleton.com

Performance review

Home Forums Performance Reviews Performance review

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Simon 7 months ago.

• Author

Diane

just had reviews with my staff, and my new boss sat in each one, making me so uncomfortable – whereby I felt like a complete idiot at the end of each review – mines up next week. How do I handle this.

• #15466 Reply

Simon
    Keymaster

Hi Diane – I can sympathize – this was an awkward situation, particularly with a new boss where you might have pulled punches or felt you needed to moderate yourself.

Just wondering why you were uncomfortable with your boss in the room? Is your relationship not on the best of terms? Do you feel micro-managed? Why did you feel like an idiot?

Is it possible that you have mis-interpreted your new boss’s intentions? Could your new boss have attended to gain knowledge about the team?

Is it possible that you’re reacting to reviews that didn’t go as planned and this was exposed to your new boss?

My instinct (based on what info you shared) is that you will feel much better about it if you were to talk honestly with your boss about what happened. If you feel that you didn’t perform to your best, then be honest. If you feel that your boss’s presence put too much pressure on you to act differently than you wanted to, then be honest.

I am Simon - I am really glad you have come to my forum to join the community. You can register for free and begin posting your ideas and questions right away!

Reply To: Performance review

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Please share to help me grow my blog!
Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on LinkedIn0Share on Google+0Share on Reddit0Pin on Pinterest0Share on StumbleUpon0Digg thisEmail this to someone

About the author /

Polls

When co-workers use the word c**t in your presence at work, is it offensive to you?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
SimonStapleton.com located at Watledge , Stroud, UK . Reviewed by 10,923 readers rated: 9.5 / 10
My latest book: ACE Your Performance Appraisal$4.99 on