Estimated reading time: 5 mins
Home-offices are very popular, now that technology makes it possible to work from home. Now, who wouldn’t choose to work in their own customized space with pretty decors, and from the comfort of their home, overworking in a boring place with thousands of people they don’t even like? As a matter of fact, it is quite easy to get distracted in a home office because it is the same place where you sleep, eat, and watch TV.
Therefore, getting into the work mode in full form is definitely difficult. Luckily, with the help of some amazing decor ideas, a home-office can be made aesthetically pleasing and gorgeous. The unique designs can inspire every person out there and increase the productivity level. So, let’s take a look at some of the inspirations that we have curated just for you.
- Location –Location is the most underrated, yet it plays the most crucial role in home-office decor. You are going to spend a lot of time in the office, so don’t select a tiny, gloomy, and windowless room. Try to avoid any space which is close to a crowded street or market. Go for a room with a pleasant view. Also, it would be a good idea to make arrangements for a private seating space for clients and other guests.
- Add the Green element –Nothing’s better than some green plants in the office which are soothing to the eyes. Also, plants are known for increasing productive thinking. Adding some artificial plants and trees indoors is one of the cheapest options to make any space look livelier. You can find fake trees for office very easily in your local market or on any online store. Imitation topiary trees are enough to light up your office. If you think buying it is an extra burden on your pocket, then you can learn to make it online here ‘how to make a fake topiary tree’.
- Believe in minimalism –A clean mind and a cleaner surrounding help in thinking better. If you are surrounded by junk and useless furniture and other items, your thinking abilities will be restricted. Try to keep your desk and creative space as clutter-free as you can. Try to incorporate neutral colors. Ensure that all the colors complement each other very well. A simple and statement wall hanging can do the wonders which hundreds of artworks can’t. Not only your office will look really elegant, but the people working there will also have a broader vision.
- Go Chic –In order to make a space more attractive, you do not need a lot. Use big statement pieces which define you. You can collect different pieces from different places and arrange them in such a way that they look like a single unit. Ensure to make everything fashionable, yet functional. For example, buy a desk which has big drawers for storage. The desk is the statement piece here. The drawers can be used to store a lot of extra office supplies and other items which do not fit anywhere.
- Make your curtain the concealer –If you are someone who just can’t get rid of the clutter, then do not worry. We have something for a person like you as well. You can choose warm colored curtains and voila, the curtains will do the job for you. Now, your clutter will not ruin the look of your office. The usage of the curtain will soften the room and also help in hiding all the clutter and junk materials behind it.
- Rock the Bohemian style –Are you a free-spirited and funky person at heart and Bohemian is your go-to style? Then, this idea will perfectly suit your taste. The mementos and small decorative pieces you have picked from the places that you have visited all over these years are going to be your savior. These items must have sentimental values intertwined with them. Decorate your space with them. These pieces will radiate energy among all the employees and spread motivation all around the place. You can choose bold, vibrant colors according to your personality. The more artworks, the merrier.
- Vision wall –Vision walls are so “in” these days. Get a wall with a neutral background. Fill the wall with inspiring pictures, motivational quotes, present, and future goals. The job is to make the wall as attractive as you can. It helps in focussing on the main goals better. The wall should represent you and what you aspire in life. If a vision wall is out of your budget, vision boards are available for your rescue.
- Make the space lit –Your office should have plenty of light. It should not look dark. The right kind of light helps in avoiding strain on the eyes and headaches. Lights with a hint of blue are the perfect kind of lighting. Place a compact lamp on the work desk. The right amount of light keeps a person alert and focused while working.
- Play with patterns –If you want your office space to look classy and professionals, you should definitely include patterns. The patterns don’t need to be all matchy-matchy. You can choose two different patterns which are poles apart and still work with them and make your office look all polished. This concept is really hot in the fashion industry these days. So, why do the furniture lag behind?
- White backdrop –It is really hard to stick onto just one color while there are so many beautiful colors available. So, you can paint your office a plain white. This will act as a blank canvas for you and you can play with any colored pillows, paintings, patterns, etc. whenever you want.
To style your office, you do not need to compromise on a single decor idea. Your office should reflect your unique style. Just try to make it chic and stylish. Do not forget to experiment. After all, it is your own little workspace and you can change anything and everything whenever your heart desires.