Estimated reading time: 4 mins
We all want to succeed in our careers and the key to doing so lies in emotional wellbeing. It is essential for success, and I’m going to explain why in this article.
First of all, what is emotional wellbeing?
Emotional wellbeing is having a sense of balance between our physical, mental and social health; it’s being able to cope with life’s demands, feel valued and content with who we are. It involves having positive relationships with ourselves and others, feeling confident about our abilities and generally being satisfied with life.
There are many benefits that come from having good emotional wellbeing – one of these is that it can help us to be more successful at work. Here are some ways it helps:
- Improved Confidence: Having good emotional wellbeing can make us feel more confident about our abilities which can lead to better performance in the workplace. When we have a positive outlook on life, it gives us the confidence to take risks, be creative or innovative and try new things – all of which are necessary for career advancement.
- Increased Motivation: Positive emotions make us feel more motivated to achieve our goals as they provide us with energy and enthusiasm for success. When we’re feeling down or unmotivated, it’s difficult to stay focused on what needs to be done but when we’re emotionally well-balanced we have no problem getting out there and making things happen.
- Better Communication Skills: Good emotional wellbeing also makes us better communicators as it helps us express ourselves openly without fear or hesitation. This makes it easier for us to build strong relationships with colleagues which can open up opportunities for collaboration or promotion in the future.
- Stronger Resilience: Emotional wellbeing also increases resilience; allowing us to bounce back quickly from setbacks or challenges so that they don’t put too much of a damper on our progress. With increased resilience comes improved focus, determination and perseverance which can help see any task through the finish line – no matter how hard it may seem at first glance!
These four key points demonstrate why emotional wellness is essential for career success but let’s look at some real-life examples for further insight into this important topic:
Take Jack for example; he had recently been promoted into his dream job but was struggling because he lacked self-confidence due to his internal dialogue being negative towards himself (e.g thinking ‘I can’t do this’). He made an effort by practising mindfulness meditation every day which involved observing his thoughts without judgement – soon enough Jack was able to break free from these limiting beliefs he had been carrying around with him since childhood! With improved confidence came greater motivation and willpower; enabling him take initiative when needed instead of waiting around until someone else made decisions – leading him onto bigger successes within his organisation!
Then there was Sarah who worked in sales but had difficulty connecting with people due to her shyness – she couldn’t even give presentations without her hands shaking! She decided that she wanted more out of her career so she started attending yoga classes twice a week where she learnt how important self-acceptance was (i.e accepting yourself exactly as you are). After months spent practising yoga poses as well as breathing exercises regularly Sarah felt empowered enough speak up during meetings without fear or anxiety taking over – helping her become one of the top performers in her team!
These case studies show just how powerful good emotional wellbeing is when striving towards career goals – if Jack hadn’t taken time out of each day for mindfulness meditation then he would have still been stuck in his old mindset whereas Sarah wouldn’t have grown beyond her comfort zone if she hadn’t accepted herself fully instead of trying change anything about herself externally! Both were able achieve their ambitions thanks solely due their own efforts focused on improving their emotional wellness – proving that success isn’t just luck but a combination between hard work + dedication + looking after your mental health too!
To summarise; emotional wellness plays an integral role within career progression as its presence encourages increased confidence levels leading onto increased motivation + improved communication skills + stronger resilience – all factors necessary for continued success throughout your working life! It’s important not forget our own mental health needs when striving towards professional achievements because ultimately if you don’t take care yourself then nothing else will be achieved either…
Check out these similar posts:
- How Resistance Training (Weight Lifting) is Good for Career Success
- Why Intermittent Fasting is Great for Career Success
- Does Time Off Work Actually Help Stress?
- Is Resilience Training for Professionals Necessary?
- How to Keep Your Workforce as Happy and Healthy as Possible