Estimated reading time: 4 mins
As a person following the keto diet, it is important to make sure you always have snacks on hand. Unfortunately, if you’re not careful and don’t plan ahead, it can be easy to spend a lot of money on snacks that won’t help get you into ketosis.
The good news is that there are lots of inexpensive and delicious keto-friendly snacks you can make at home. All you need are some simple ingredients and a few minutes in the kitchen! Here are ten inexpensive keto-friendly snacks you can whip up in no time:
- Keto Zucchini Fries – Zucchini fries are an excellent snack for anyone following the keto diet. To make them, all you need is some zucchini, olive oil, salt and pepper. Simply cut the zucchini into fry-shaped pieces and then season with olive oil, salt and pepper before baking in an oven preheated to 375F (190C). Serve with your favorite dip or sauce.
- Keto Bacon Wrapped Cheese Sticks – This tasty snack is great for when hunger strikes but you don’t want to break your diet. All you need to do is wrap slices of cheese with bacon before baking for around 15 minutes at 400F (200C). For extra flavor, sprinkle some garlic powder or paprika over the top before serving!
- Keto Avocado Fries – Avocado fries are another delicious snack made from one of nature’s superfoods – avocado! They’re easy to make too – just cut an avocado into slices before dipping each slice into egg whites and then coating with almond flour mixed with parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Fry until golden brown then enjoy with your favorite dip or salsa!
- Keto Cauliflower Pizza Bites – If pizza cravings hit while following the keto diet, these cauliflower pizza bites will satisfy without breaking your diet! Simply mix together grated cauliflower, egg whites, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning before scooping tablespoonfuls onto nonstick parchment paper on a baking sheet. Bake for around 20 minutes at 425F (220C) then serve hot or cold as a tasty snack.
- Keto Roasted Pumpkin Seeds – Roasted pumpkin seeds are a great way to get more healthy fats into your diet while snacking between meals without breaking your budget or having to spend hours in the kitchen preparing food from scratch! Simply soak raw pumpkin seeds overnight in salted water before draining off any excess water and roasting them in an oven preheated to 350F (180C) for around 20 minutes until golden brown – perfect for munching on throughout the day!
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls – These chocolate peanut butter balls combine two of everyone’s favorite flavors into one delicious treat that won’t kick you out of ketosis either! Mix together natural peanut butter with cocoa powder plus sweetener such as stevia or monk fruit extract until combined before rolling teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls – place onto lined baking sheets then freeze until firm before transferring to airtight containers ready for when hunger strikes between meals!
- Keto Sunflower Seed Bars – Sunflower seed bars are full of healthy fats which makes them perfect for snacking while trying to stay in ketosis but still satisfying those pesky cravings during mid-afternoon energy slumps during work days! Simply mix together sunflower seeds, nut butter such as almond butter or peanut butter plus sweetener such as honey or maple syrup then press mixture firmly down onto a lined 9×9 inch pan before freezing until solidified – cut into bars once frozen which can be kept stored in airtight containers ready for whenever hunger pangs strike throughout the day making sure not to break your dietary goals either way.
- Keto Coconut Macaroons – Coconut macaroons offer plenty of sweetness without having any sugar added making them ideal for anyone wanting something sweet but still staying within their dietary goals whilst not breaking their budget either way!! To make these tasty treats simply mix together desiccated coconut flakes along with whisked egg whites plus unsweetened shredded coconut flakes adding melted coconut oil if needed – spoon teaspoonfuls onto lined baking sheets before baking at 350°F (175°C)for around 15 minutes until golden brown – store cooled macaroons inside airtight containers keeping any leftovers freshness preserved.
- Keto Flaxseed Crackers – Flaxseed crackers provide plenty of fiber making them perfect when needing something crunchy yet still being able to stay within dietary goals desired whilst also managing budgets effectively too!! To make these tasty treats simply blend ground flaxseeds along with warm water adding spices such as sea salt and dried herbs like oregano if desired – spread batter thinly onto lined baking sheets using spatula then bake at 300°F (150°C)for around 25 minutes flipping after 15 minutes ensuring all sides become crispy and golden brown alike!
- Keto Almond Butter Cups – Almond butter cups provide plenty of protein helping keep hunger pangs away whilst also maintaining dietary goals desired alongside managing budgets effectively too! To prepare these yummy treats simply melt dark chocolate chips stirring continuously over low heat adding almond butter stirring again till combined well additionally add optional toppings such as chopped nuts if desired – spoon tablespoonfuls of mixture inside mini muffin liners pressing lightly down against each cup base evenly before placing inside freezer allowing chocolate harden completely taking care not break cups when removing later enjoy these little morsels whenever hunger pangs strike between meals.