Estimated reading time: 2 mins
As someone who is constantly on the go, I never thought walking could do much for my health. However, since incorporating regular walks into my lifestyle, I have noticed a huge improvement in my overall wellbeing. I now walk over 20,000 steps a day, but you don’t need to do as many as that to get the benefits from walking. From improved sleep to better mental clarity and more energy throughout the day, here are five reasons why walking has improved my health.
- It’s Low Impact: One of the best aspects of walking is that it’s a low impact exercise, meaning it doesn’t put too much strain on your joints or bones. This makes it ideal for older adults and those with joint pain or arthritis as it allows them to still get the benefits of physical activity without putting too much pressure on their bodies. Additionally, since you can walk at your own pace and intensity level, it’s easy to tailor the exercise to fit your fitness goals and capabilities.
- Improved Mental Clarity: Walking has helped me become more mindful; as I take in nature around me while listening to music or podcasts, my mind has time to wander and reflect on whatever is going through my head at that moment. This type of distraction-free mental clarity helps me stay focused while allowing me to come up with creative solutions more easily than when I’m stuck in a cubicle all day long.
- Improved Sleep Quality: I used to be one of those people who had trouble falling asleep at night; no matter how hard I tried, I just never felt truly rested when waking up in the morning. After adding regular walks into my daily routine though, I started sleeping better almost immediately! The combination of physical activity and fresh air helps tire out both body and mind so that by nighttime you can drift off into a peaceful sleep without any trouble whatsoever!
- Increased Energy Levels: Throughout The Day I tend to hit an afternoon slump every day around 2 pm where all motivation seems lost no matter how hard I try and push myself forward through work tasks or chores around the house but ever since making regular walks part of my daily routine this sensation has been significantly reduced! Not only do these walks help wake up both body and mind but they also give you enough energy for hours afterwards so that you can still get things done even after returning from your walk.
- Improved Cardiovascular Health: Finally yet importantly another way walking has helped improve my health is by strengthening my cardiovascular system due to increased blood circulation throughout the body leading to lower blood pressure levels as well as reduced risk factors for heart disease or stroke! Additionally regular walking also helps keep cholesterol levels within normal range which reduces overall risk even further.
Overall there are countless ways walking has helped improve not only physical but also mental health over time which makes it one of the best activities out there for anyone looking for an easy way towards better wellbeing! With that said now go get yourself some shoes pick a route close by then start moving towards healthier living today – I am sure you won’t regret it.
Check out these similar posts:
- The Amazing Healing Power of Walking
- Why a Walk Before Bed Helps Me Sleep Like a Baby
- Why Intermittent Fasting is Great for Career Success
- Using Exercise to Reduce Depression
- The Awesome Benefits of Meditation for Busy People