Estimated reading time: 2 mins
We know that the concept of team building was a wee bit damaged in the 90’s and the 00’s when many companies were not quite getting it right. Still to this day, many people when they hear the words ‘team building’ can tend to visualise cringe inducing exercises and wasted afternoons going through business cliches that have no bearing on their day to day working lives whatsoever.
Those days, thankfully, are long gone however and the world of team building is going from strength to strength and is becoming an ever more creative, motivational and crucial part of the growth of many companies. Finding ways to get staff to work together harmoniously, using opportunities to get to know their motivations and using team building to nurture strong and efficient relationships is something that all business owners should be focused on.
For any of you still in doubt as to the benefits of team building for your company then read on for the main reasons why all companies should be doing it.
Finding ways to boost the morale of staff should be a priority for any business owner and organising team building exercises is one of the best ways that you can do this. There aren’t many things better than a team building day to break up the monotony of everyday work life. Finding a corporate team building venue to get the staff out of the office for the day is a good way to show your team a good time and to have fun together in a completely different environment. Getting out of the office and going somewhere completely new to experience something completely unique will have your staff on a great high which will give an always welcome morale boost.
What better reason is there to organise team building events than to improve the relationships between your staff. A happy and harmonious team is a motivated and productive team so this is a huge benefit of organising these types of events for your staff. Building new relationships and strengthening existing ones is a huge part of team building and training so if you are looking for ways to bring your staff closer together then organising a team building day out, or even just an afternoon, could be just what you are looking for.
A More Positive Office Environment
It is not just your staff that need to keep you happy, it is also you that needs to keep your staff happy. Nobody wants to work for a stale, boring company that never organises anything exciting for their team so organising fun ‘away days’ is a great way to ensure you are nurturing an office environment that is happy, positive and is fully focused on making the staff feel that their needs and emotional well-being are a priority.
Team building can also drastically improve communication between staff. Arranging activities that will encourage staff to be more open and communicative can have great benefits to your company as your staff learn new techniques on how to communicate more clearly, diplomatically and confidently.
Check out these similar posts:
- Why It’s Good To Reward Your Staff
- Team Building 101
- Tips for Moving From a Shared Office to Your Very Own Workspace
- From Intern to CEO: Everybody can (and must) keep learning
- Incredible Ways To Boost Your Business Efficiency Levels
- THE Solution to Your Boring Workplace
- 6 Powerful Ways to Become Liked in Your Workplace
- The Secret of Getting to Know Colleagues: Invite them to Lunch
- 7 Ways to Conquer Shyness in the Workplace – Like a Pro
- 7 Ways To Become Liked in Your Workplace
- 10 Tips for Being a Nicer Colleague to Work With
- What type of Networker are You? (Bicycle Wheel or Spider?)
- To get work by word-of-mouth, you have to be known for something
- Is it OK to drink alcohol during your lunch break?
- How to make friends in hostile workplaces
- How acceptable is it to hug your coworkers and when?
- How to be a Great Coworker
- The Top 4 Benefits of Team Building Activities
- My Co-Worker Is SO Lazy – What Should I Do?
- Grow Beautiful Relationships by Letting Down Your Guard
- Effective Team Building For Virtual Teams
- How to Deal with Intelligent but Closed-Minded Co-Workers
- Why You Should Never Have An Affair At Work
- Employee Events That Everyone Will Love
- Bringing Your Team Together: How To Champion Collaboration During Lockdown