Estimated reading time: 2 mins
If you’re looking to buy or a sell a yacht in Fort Lauderdale, there are a plethora of yacht brokerage companies to choose from, from global industry heavyweights to home-grown brokers with exceptional local knowledge. Getting the brokerage decision right is a big part of making your yacht sales experience successful and stress free, so we’ve put together a list of the 5 major players in the Fort Lauderdale yacht brokerage scene.
- Now in its 70th year of operation, Fraser is the world’s largest luxury yachting company, with an emphasis on large yacht sales, charter, and management. Fraser started out on the US West Coast, expanding to Fort Lauderdale in the 1970’s and now operating from 10 offices around the world, making it one of the most established players in the market. Fraser has sold more megayachts than any other brokerage, and boasts the largest sales fleet and brokerage team. Expect an aura of tradition and excellent networks when you buy or sell yachts with Fraser.
- Worth Avenue Yachts is a local American company with a powerful reach in the Fort Lauderdale area as well as international offices and networks. Worth Avenue Yachts was launched in 2011 as a challenger to the traditional yacht brokerage model- an approach that has already landed them 1.2 billion dollars in yacht sales and a record for selling large yachts at 50-77% faster than the industry average. What Worth Avenue Yachts does differently (and very effectively) is they pool their efforts on behalf of clients, rather than the one-broker-per-client approach of more traditional agencies. Expect a whole team of people working for you to help you buy or sell your yacht through Worth Avenue Yachts.
- Denison Yachts has Florida yacht sales in their blood, as the Denison family has been building and selling yachts in the Fort Lauderdale area since the family started Broward Marine back in 1948.With a brokerage team headed by Bob Denison and steeped in local knowledge and expertise, Denison Yacht Sales is rapidly expanding into the large yacht market globally, as well as having a good local market share in small luxury yachts and sportfishers. Expect passion, expert service and a strong sense of family integrity when you buy or sell yachts with Denison Yacht Sales.
- Camper & Nicholsons International is the oldest yachting brokerage on earth, with a history stretching back over 200 years. C&NI is a yachting brokerage with tremendous clout and heritage, with 11 global offices and impressive marketing and client networks. They have a large global sales and charter fleet, and also have a dedicated yacht management division. Expect a prestigious sense of yachting history when buying or selling through Camper & Nicholsons International.
- Northrop & Johnson is another company with a strong American heritage and global reach. Founded in Manhattan in 1949 and quickly becoming known as the ‘gentlemen brokers of New York’, N&J has grown to 17 offices worldwide and is one of the most recognized brokerage names in the yachting industry. Expect great American service and heritage when you buy or sell through Northrop & Johnson.
There are many more brokerage houses in the Fort Lauderdale area, but these are some of the best. You might want to meet with several brokers to find the right match for your yachting needs.