Estimated reading time: 3 mins
What is it about the holidays that compels us to play board games? I don’t know, but I love it!
One of the best things about Christmas time is when a bunch of family members share a board game and try to out-do each other in a semi-aggressive style. As kids, I used to play Monopoly and Cluedo with my folks – sometimes scrabble. Nowadays, board games are even more inventive, and sometimes risqué (like WTF Did You Say A Party Game Against All Dignity and Morality or Adult Loaded Questions.)
So for your convenience, I’ve compiled a list of the very latest, family-friendly and downright awesome board games on the market. Even the most stalwart technophiles get in on the fun. It’s something that everybody in the family can do together – people of all ages and ability. Order quick to get your delivery in time for the big day!
Poop: The Game $14.99
A game that crosses Uno with taking a shit. Kids love this – and chortle away at the poop references.
- A family-friendly card game for all ages!
- Take turns pooping, but don’t clog the toilet!
- If you like Uno, you’ll love POOP!
- The most enjoyable experience you’ll have outside of the bathroom!
Another fun game that kids love but shouldn’t. It’s about kittens, explosion, lasers, goats and more exploding kittens.
- Family-friendly, party game for 2-5 players (up to 9 players when combined with any other deck).
- This is the most-backed project in Kickstarter history and all cards feature illustrations by The Oatmeal.
- Includes 56 cards, box, and instructions.
- This box, like 99.99% of boxes, does not meow.
This is one of the most hilarious games you will play this year. It’s so simple, but fun. Each player wears a mouthguard which makes speech somewhat of a challenge – phrases have to be understood by other players to win..
- The Authentic, Halarious, Mouthguard Party Game
- Teams of players, hampered by cheek retractors, attempt to read and interpret phrases
- 3-10 Players wear cheek retractors (one at a time) and speak out phrases
- Includes 143 Family-Safe Phrases, Expansion packs available!
- One of the funniest party games of 2016!
A great twist on the staid format of monopoly. This time, you have to choose to play as a monopolist or free-market competitor – each with separate rules.
- Anti-Monopoly from University Games is a fresh twist on the classic game of real estate
- Choose a side: will you be a monopolist or a free market competitor?
- Includes game board, metal playing pieces, cards and play money
- For 2 – 4 players, ages 8 and up
HedBanz Game $15.19
If you haven’t played HedBanz yet then you have to this Holiday season. It is stomach-achingly funny when kids get involved. Again, a simple concept, elegantly executed. Grab this one!
- Get ready for the award winning, goofy guessing game of “What am I?” with Hedbanz
- Kids use their heads in more ways than one while asking yes or no questions to figure out if the cartoon on their head
- Be the first player to guess what you are and win
- Hedbanz the game where everybody knows by you
- Comes with everything kids need for non-stop fun Including Hedbanz rule sheet, 74 cards, 24 chips, 6 headbands, and sand-clock timer
Pie Face $14.88
This one is probably the funniest of all. My kids love this. Get your granny’s face lined up for the pie and watch it fly. It’s hard not to fall about laughing when your mother’s mascara runs down her foam-laden face.
- Hilarious Pie Face game might just splat you in the face
- Pie-throwing arm could go off at any moment
- Score a point every time you turn the handle without getting splatted
- Includes 1 pie thrower, 1 throwing arm, 2 handles, chin rest, splash guard mask, spinner and sponge.
- Slide your head through the mask and watch out