Estimated reading time: 1 mins
If you haven’t, why not? It only takes a few seconds. Here are some ideas on how.
Updating our LinkedIn profiles should be a regular occurrence. Because, who knows, that employer with a lucrative job offer might just be on the hunt for someone like you?
LinkedIn makes it real easy for us too. Here are some ideas to get you going:
- Add your skills. On your profile page, you can now add skills really easy. Just scroll down and begin adding them. Be as broad as you can be realistic!
- Add sections. Here you can add your achievements, courses, awards, publications, projects and test scores.
- Add languages. Tell people about what languages you speak, even at a basic level.
- Add education. Don’t forget this!
- Request recommendations. Ask new contacts for a recommendation. My tip is to give them an overall brief as to what you want them to recommend you for.
- Make recommendations. Not only does this increase the chances of you receiving a recommendation, it looks good on your own profile too.
- Add groups. New groups relevant to your niche, interests and organization spring up all the time, so scour for news ones and join them!
- Contribute. Make comments in groups, ask or answer a question in LinkedIn Questions & Answers.
Give your LinkedIn profile a polish!