Estimated reading time: 0 mins
Here is a really simple test to find out if you’re a somebody or nobody 🙂
Open Google.comand type your name inside “quotes” (e.g. “Simon Stapleton”) into the Search Box. ClickGoogle Search. Look at the results.
OK yes, that is REALLY simple. But did the results surprise you? Are there pages that mention your name and you’re actually the person they’re referring to? Tracking your name like this is a quick and free litmus test of your external profile. Almost every kind of published information is put online now, so if you are mentioned in print or online, it should appear in Google.
Now what if you don’t appear? Well it’s probably because you’re not connecting with people. My advice: get yourself on LinkedIn quick and enter your profile. Check my profile out from my About page!
Check out these similar posts:
- Make Your LinkedIn Profile Really Stand Out
- Building a Public Profile: A Success Story
- How I Increased My LinkedIn Profile Views by 575%
- Is Your LinkedIn Profile Doing Your Job-Hunting Harm?
- Updated Your LinkedIn Profile Lately?