Estimated reading time: 2 mins
Are you a Geek? If you do three or more of the following, then the answer is Yes!
- You spend more time automating something than you ever would performing the task manually
- You buy t-shirts for their comedy value
- You store binaries on your iPod
- You have more categories on your iPod than you do tracks
- You hack your iPod
- You don’t watch live TV, ever
- If someone isn’t on Facebook or MySpace, you consider them as non-existent
- You send an IM to the guy sat next to you
- You think Bill Gates is God
- You think Bill Gates is Lucifer
- You spend an age making your Linux desktop look just like Windows
- You don’t find The TV show ‘The Big Bang Theory’ funny – it’s real life right?
- You brag about your network ping
- You spend your salary on virtual goods
- You turn up to a wedding in a suit and sneakers
- You consider green-screen terminals pre-history
- You phone the cops if your DSL line goes down
- You have more than 2 screens on your desktop
- You laugh at the movie ‘The Net’
- You shout at the screen ‘thats not possible’ when TV shows use poetic license on computer abilities
- ‘Computer’ is a vulgar term to you
- You first look for an Internet Cafe in tropical countries
- You’ve connected your PSP to a TV
- You dismiss any device that doesn’t have a USB connection
- Your laptop is adorned with badges of rock bands or games
- You go to work on your skateboard
- You think any kind of commercialization around open-source is a capital offence
- You will only use a browser that has less than 1% market share
- You consider high-caffeine products as health food
- You can reel off more than 10 kinds of encryption without hesitating
- You rarely use your cellphone as a cellphone
- You get annoyed to see someone over 40 with your latest gadget
- You consider ASCII art as a masterpiece
- You collect Star Wars Lego dioramas and show them on your desk
- Your oNline hANDle beGIns with a smalL lEttEr but has caPItaL letters in it at raNdOM plAces
How did you do?
Check out these similar posts:
- My Tenuous Link To…. Bill Gates
- Will You Get One Of These Tiny Keyboards?
- How to Find Startup Capital for Your Business
- The Winning Reader Entry of the Free Tools Contest Is…
- Who Are The Super Geeks?
8 thoughts on “Are you a Geek? How to find out”
hmm, Only three in the list classifies me as a geek?
In that case I would be an uber geek, which I never see myself as….. however, i also have to admit that more then three do apply….
@Graeme – then maybe one of the behaviors in the list ought to be: 36. You deny you’re a geek.
I ticked 18 of those – I think I need to see a shrink!
@The PaelonTologist – only you can be the judge of that! 18 is quite a number my friend. Happy Geeking!
Don’t forget :
– Your favorite store is thinkgeek.com
– Your homepage is Wikipedia.org
– The characters « ctrl » & « c » on your keyword is not visible anymore
– You brought your laptop when you go see your friends
@Phil – LOL very funny! I know a few fellas who fit that profile!
Yes, indeed I am…
Hi Alex – was it a marginal pass or did you ACE it?