Estimated reading time: 1 mins
Its a new year, if you hadn’t noticed, and its that time a lot of folks talk about new year resolutions or wiping a slate clean. Cliche? Thats up to you, but its perhaps a good time do something different from this point and see how it goes. What have you got to lose except a little time, pride or pocketmoney?
This year, I’ve decided to be more cheeky. Not cheeky like a small child who talks about farting. Cheeky in the sense that I’m going to ask for more, push my luck, negotiate, damn well get the most from everything. “If you don’t ask, you don’t get” wise old buggers used to tell me. Well I’m going to be more cheeky this year and see what happens.
So what can you do? C’mon you can work that out. But here are some starters:
- Try reading more books on business leadership and economics, or other commercial subjects
- Get involved with people more, in clubs or in groups
- Try learning the basics of a new language
- Starting a new exercise regime
- Try going to bed earlier, and getting up earlier…. see the morning sun in its full glory
- Take up photography – its therapeutic
There’s loads of things you can do. Just do it and try it. Or what will you have done this year for yourself?