Estimated reading time: 1 mins
I’ve increased my LinkedIn profile views by 575% – want to know how?
Two months ago, my LinkedIn profile was viewed 30 times. The month before that, it was viewed 28 times.
But last month, though, it was viewed 159 times. And this month, it’s been viewed 161 times. And looking at the stats, I am confident in even more views next month.
How did I make the number of views jump?
Search Engine Optimization for LinkedIn
If you’re familiar with how websites are optimized to feature highly in search engines like Google, you will know what I am getting at.
After all, search on LinkedIn is a search engine, after all.
How Did I Do It?
I followed some simple steps, that anyone can do.
Firstly, I reviewed each of my positions and re-phrased the title to include keywords that I know potential contacts will search. In my case, I used ‘Corporate Wrap’ and ‘Wealth Management’ – these are growth areas in Financial Services. Each title stated my job title and the sector I worked in. Plain, and simple.
Secondly, I added more achievements into each position. I made sure to include responsibilities and actual achievements, in terms of measurable outcomes.
Thirdly, I ensured all my previous positions had a summary – some were left blank until then.
Then, I asked for more recommendations from previous colleagues, requesting that recommendations were specific to particular keywords.
And lastly, I ensured that each summary had a spattering of heavily-searched keywords… but not too many. There can be penalties for over-optimization and keyword stuffing.
Now, I am getting many more calls from recruiters
No joke – I talk to recruiters at least once a day. Sometimes 3 or 4 times. Before I made these changes, it was perhaps once a week. I can see tangible benefits from these changes.
So why don’t you give it a go?
- How To Create a ‘Machine-Readable’ Resume in 12 Steps – and Why You Should Do This
- Great Resumes Arrive With Even Greater Cover Letters
- Do ‘Resume Builders’ Work for Technical People?
- 9 Highly Effective Habits of Great Technical Resume Writers
- 10 Tips to Make Your Resume Pop
- 7 Keys To Describe Your Achievements – Pro Style
- How I Increased My LinkedIn Profile Views by 575%
- How to create your dream ‘no experience yet’ resume
- What is Your Greatest Personal Achievement at Work?
- Use LinkedIn to Create Your Resume
- Just Launched – Résumé Tune-Up Service
- Making Your Resume Look Aesthetically Impressive – It’s a Waste of Time
- 6 Tips for Shortening Your Résumé
- My Resume Sucks! (so here’s what to do about it)
- How to Showcase Your Professional Affiliations on Your Resume