Estimated reading time: 1 mins
Off the back of my recent article about How To Ask For a Fair Raise or Pay Increase During a Recession , PayScale.com got in touch with me to tell me about their tools for benchmarking salaries across job roles and regions. So I took a look in more detail and I must say I am impressed with the tools they provide.
Why I like them is they’re really simple to use – anyone can use them – and, for example, the job title matching mechanism works really well. The Salary Calculator tool provides you with a median range of salaries you would expect for a given job title in your city, plus you can add in the number of years experience you have, and other relevant factors, to influence the results.
There is also a cost of living calculator too, so you can work out how much you need from a salary. These are great tools for calculating how much to ask for a ‘fair’ raise during this economic climate.
I’ve included a salary calculator tool below, one for the US and one for Canada. Unfortunately, PayScale.com doesn’t offer solutions for other countries.
- How To Ask For a Fair Raise or Pay Increase During a Recession
- Knowing What You’re Worth
- How To Increase Your Pay
- Freelancers: How To Increase Your Rates, Annually
- 20 Alternatives to a Raise
- Compare Your Salary with PayScale.com
- Is it OK to Discuss Salary With Co-workers?
- How To Get Paid More
- A bit on the side: Is Moonlighting OK?
- Insider Secret: How to Negotiate the Salary you are Really Worth
- 5 Tips for Negotiating a Higher Starting Salary
- The 15 companies that dole out the biggest paychecks [MASHABLE]
- Salary Negotiation: Go Beyond Dollars and Cents – like a Pro
- How to Get Promoted – Fast
- The Conundrum of High Salary